1. What makes The Clean Sweep Housekeeping Referral Agency different from other Bay Area employee based housekeeping agencies?
There are many different reasons why The Clean Sweep Housekeeping Referral Agency stands out from other employee based agencies, but here are some of the reasons that are important to our clients:
- The Clean Sweep has over 39 years of experience referring professional housekeepers and other cleaning professionals in Contra Costa County.
- The turnover among referred domestic workers is very low with our agency; the average housekeeper has been with us for 12+ years, and some even double!
- We are very specific about the domestics that we choose to refer to you, and all the housekeepers that we refer come highly recommended by someone on our registry. We know each domestic referral and we generally see each of them once a week to review scheduling and check availability.
- The housekeepers we refer are here to meet your needs, your scheduling availability, and your individual cleaning specifications.
2. What is a referral agency?
As a referral agency, the housekeepers that we refer are independent domestic workers, meaning that they are not our employees. Furthermore, our job as a referral agency is refer our clients to a housekeeper that will meet their individual needs.
The Clean Sweep Housekeeping Referral Agency is not the employer of the domestic worker referred to you. The domestic worker may be your employee or an independent contractor depending on the relationship that you have with him or her. If you direct and control the manner and means by which the domestic worker performs his or her work you may have employer responsibilities, including employment taxes and workers’ compensation, under state and federal law. For additional information contact your local Employment Development Department and the Internal Revenue Service.
3. Will I always be able to speak with someone in the office?
Yes, if you call during our regular business hours, someone will always be in the office and ready to assist you in any way.
Monday –Thursday: 8:30-5:00
4. Do the housekeepers speak English?
The majority of the housekeepers can understand and speak English, although English is not necessarily their first language.
5. Am I able to change housekeepers?
Of course you may, we refer over 20+ domestic workers and we’re confident that we can refer you one who will suit your needs.
As a courtesy, the housekeepers we refer request at least 1 business day’s notice. A last minute cancellation is subject to the total fee of service.
Please notify our agency directly during regular business and not your housekeepers with any cancellation. You can call us at (925) 283-2400. Please keep in mind that scheduled cleaning is income for the housekeepers and notifying us with ample time allows us to find new referrals the housekeepers in order to avoid loss of revenue.
7. Who is responsible for loss, breakage, or damage?
The housekeeper referred to you, if this loss, breakage, or damage occurred during the cleaning.
8. How do I make a payment?
Cash, check, venmo, or zelle made payable directly to the housekeeper.
9. Who provides tools, equipment, or supplies?
You can choose to use your own, or the housekeeper will bring everything for an additional fee of $10-$20.
10. What services do the Housekeepers offer?
- Professional Window Washing
- Move in/move out cleaning
- Vacant property cleaning
- Spring Cleaning
11. What is Spring Cleaning?
Spring Cleaning can include any of the heavier, occasional cleaning that you may need: carpet cleaning, professional window washing, cleaning cabinets, blinds, doors and door frames, moving furniture – and much more! Just let us know what you want done and we can set you up with the right Domestic Workers best suited for your request.
12. What is Move-Out Cleaning?
A Move-out cleaning is a thorough cleaning of a vacant home in which the housekeepers will clean all surfaces and appliances. Move in/Move out cleanings is intended for the house to be “as good as new” and to get the property ready for the new owners. Windows and carpet cleaning are a great addition to Move in/move out cleanings! We work with numerous realtors and property managers who depend on our referrals for exceptional work.
13. May I establish a private working relationship with the domestic worker referred to me?
The housekeepers we refer sign a contract with our agency upon registering with us. Entering into a work relationship with you would be a direct violation of this contract. Therefore, the housekeeper would be subject to legal action and all referrals would cease.
California Coalition of Domestic Referral Agencies (CCDRA), Lafayette Chamber of Commerce, Better Business Bureau, and National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB)
The Clean Sweep is a Referral Agency
Cities House Cleaning Service:
Lafayette, Orinda, Moraga, Walnut Creek, Pleasant Hill, Concord, Martinez, Alamo, Diablo, San Ramon, Dublin, Pleasanton, Danville, Clayton, Baypoint, Pittsburg, West-Berkeley